Last Updated: November 26, 2020
What Personal Information About Customers Does MeaVia.ca Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve your MeaVia experience. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing future products and services for you, improving our offerings, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses MeaVia.ca or advertisements and other content served by or on behalf of MeaVia.ca on other Web sites.
- Mobile:When you download or use apps created by MeaVia or its subsidiaries, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from MeaVia.ca if your computer supports such capabilities. Also, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers, we compare our customer list to lists received from other companies. If you don’t want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences.
What About Cookies?
In addition to the information you provide directly to MeaVia, we may collect information about your visit to a MeaVia website through such methods as automated data collection tools (e.g., cookies, which are small text files that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the website) and imbedded web links, The cookies we use may be session cookies (those that only last during your session on the site) or persistent cookies (those that remain on your device for a pre-defined period of time). These cookies, which are set by third parties acting on our behalf, include those placed by GoogleAnalytics, HubSpot Inc., Monster.com, Spiceworks Inc., and CRM Targeting. Information collected via these cookies may be accessible by the third party setting the cookie. The cookies are used to enhance website functionality, deliver content faster based on your geographic location, analyze website uses, remember your preferences and customize your online experience, enhance our marketing and advertising efforts, and for analytical purposes. Information collected via cookies may be matched with other information we have about you in order to enhance our outreach efforts to you.These tools can collect certain standard information that your browser sends to our website such as your browser type, language, access times. You may be able to set your browser to alert you when cookies are being sent. You can also control and/or delete cookies as you wish – for details, see HTTP://ABOUTCOOKIES.ORG. You may also exercise options regarding Google Analytics cookies at HTTP://TOOLS.GOOGLE.COM/DLPAGE/GAOPTOUT. You can delete all cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit our websites and some features of our websites may not function properly. We may also use web beacons in promotional email messages to determine whether the message was opened and acted on. We may use this information concerning email response to develop future promotions you may enjoy.
Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device, to enable our systems to recognize your device and to provide features such as purchasing, personalized advertisements on other Web sites (e.g., MeaVia Associates with content served by MeaVia.ca), and storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
Does MeaVia.ca Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we’re not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below and with subsidiaries or service or product providers, controls that are either subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We work closely with our affiliated businesses. In the event these businesses are providing a service, product or offering to our Members, we will share information required to provide our Members use or access to said service, product or offering. In some cases, these businesses may operate stores at MeaVia.ca or sell offerings to you at MeaVia.ca. In other cases, we operate stores, provide services, or sell product lines jointly with these businesses. You can tell when a third party is involved in your transactions, and we share customer information related to those transactions with that third party.
Third-Party Service Providers: We employ or contract other companies, organizations and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include, independent sales representatives, fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
Promotional Offers: Sometimes, we send offers to selected groups of MeaVia.ca customers on behalf of other businesses. When we do this, we don’t give that business your name and address. If you don’t want to receive such offers, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences.
Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that MeaVia.ca, Inc. or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information of course will be one of the transferred assets.
Protection of MeaVia.ca and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of MeaVia.ca, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit-risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you’ll receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you’ll have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you enter.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It’s important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and your computer. Be sure to sign off when you’ve finished using a shared computer.
What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Web Sites?
Our site includes third-party advertising and links to other Web sites. For more information about third-party advertising at MeaVia.ca, including personalized or interest-based ads, please read our INTEREST-BASED ADS POLICY.
Which Information Can I Access?
MeaVia.ca gives you access to a broad range of information about your account and your interactions with MeaVia.ca for the limited purpose of viewing and, in certain cases, updating that information.
What Choices Do I have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of MeaVia.ca features.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those referenced in the “Which Information Can I Access?” section, above. When you update information, we may keep a copy of the prior version for our records.
- If you don’t want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please adjust your Customer Communication Preferences. (If you don’t want to receive CONDITIONS OF USE and other legal notices from us, such as this Privacy Notice, those notices still will govern your use of MeaVia.ca, and it’s your responsibility to review them for changes.)
Are Children Allowed to Use MeaVia.ca?
No Use by Children Under the Age of 18. We are committed to complying with all applicable laws and regulations regarding the collection, storage and use of personal information of minors under the age of 18. Individuals under the age of 18 are not permitted to use MeaVia sites without the supervision of a parent or legal guardian. We do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from children under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to register for an online account or to place orders or provide personal information through MeaVia sites. If we learn that someone under the age of 18 has provided any personal information through at MeaVia site, we will remove and delete that information as soon as reasonably possible. If you are a parent or guardian who believes that your minor under the age of 18 has submitted personal information or other information to us without your consent, please contact MyMeaVia@MeaVia.ca. Once we verify that you are the parent or legal guardian, we will cooperate with you to discuss what, if any, personal information we may have about your child and how that information may have been shared or used. MeaVia.ca does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children’s products and services for purchase by adults. If you’re under 18, you may use MeaVia.ca only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit MeaVia.ca, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Washington. If you have any concern about privacy at MeaVia.ca, please contact us with a thorough description, and we’ll try to resolve it.
Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you search, buy, sign up, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you search for a product; make an order; provide information in Your Account (and you might have more than one, if you’ve used more than one e-mail address when shopping with us); communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form; and provide and rate reviews. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and telephone number; credit card information; names of people to whom purchases have been shipped, including address and telephone number; names of people (with addresses and telephone numbers); content of reviews and e-mails to us; and financial information.
Most mobile devices provide users with the ability to disable location services. Most likely, these controls are located in the device’s settings menu. If you have questions about how to disable your device’s location services, we recommend you contact your mobile service carrier or your device manufacturer.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include information from our partners and affiliates, delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can currently access easily at MeaVia.ca include up-to-date information regarding recent orders, personally identifiable information (including name, e-mail, password, communications preferences), payment settings (including credit card information), e-mail notification settings.